Sunday, June 29, 2008

Testing

We continue to march forward in this cycle. Our donor was measured with 18 antral follicles, which according to our understated DE coordinator/nurse is "perfect." In fact, she even added that "Everything is coming up roses!" with her own "!" added in there. While I am a "!" kind of writer, she is not at all. So I'm thinking that she is quite pleased with how things are going.

Since I have never done IVF or even had my antral follicles counted, I consulted Dr. Google, who said that why, yes, this is a good sign. With over 11 having a moderate rate of success, but between 15 and 26 being the optimum level of IVF success.

I take this all as good news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did IVF with my own eggs once, but I don't remember discussing this. Very interesting, and I'm glad your donor has all the hallmarks of of someone who will do well.

Kate said...

Sounds like everything is coming together for you! Your data again reminded me of my crappy ovaries, as I only had 1 antral follicle visible on the u/s at the ripe old age of 28! ha! I hope everything continues to get so well, and I'm happy that you are feeling more comfortable with your donor!