Monday, April 28, 2008

More People Out There**

Over the weekend, I finally found some DE blogs. I've been googling like crazy but did not find these folks that way. In fact, I don't know how I found the first one, but I've been moving between them and trying to find out their histories. (Herstories, actually)

On the one hand, I'm really glad to not feel so lonely in this. On the other, I'm learning about stories in which the DE doesn't work and that sort of freaks me out considering that we're going in with frozen eggies and those are much less likely to succeed.

THAT SAID, these eggies come from a super donor so of all the people out there using frozen eggies, these are the most likely to work.

And the Magic Eight ball has repeatedly told me that we're going to get pregnant and it's going to be a boy and a girl. So there. The Eight ball always knows, right?

Also, I have no idea why it excites me so, but I'm now up to 3 estrogen patches and then tomorrow I go to 4. It feels like I'm doing something to help, even though I'm just putting hormonal stickers on myself.

We go in Friday to check my lining and make a decision about the thaw. Last week, that seemed like a long time away.

**I realized after I wrote the title, that there are more people out there doing donor egg. But I'm thinking the number of people using frozen donor eggs is only in the hundreds, at most.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is also a Yahoo group called FVED (Families Via Egg Donation). I think that they have less posts; sometimes, it's easy to get lost in a busier board.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm out here, too! http://www.labornegotiations.typepad.com

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Rae at Backyard Musings http://backyardmusings.wordpress.com used frozed donor eggs, too. (not me, though, just to clarify)

Now, I will check out your blog...

Anonymous said...

Uhh...that should read "frozen." Typing with one hand...